Social Media Feed
2.23.2018 at 3:48pm
Lower School March Newsletter fb.me/9bzxRMTgt
2.9.2018 at 4:36pm
Special thanks to Major General Jason T. Evans for inspiring our Varsity Basketball Team as they embark on the... fb.me/8C1ChKMvb
"I am so grateful for a school that is focused on giving kids their best every day. Having our son attend Virginia Academy has been a wonderful experience. The academic challenge here is much greater than the private schools he has attended in the area. We were recently presented with a challenging dynamic, for which I was extremely pleased with the support and speed for which the teacher, principal, and even the headmaster intervened to provide. This level of caring and dedication from the teachers and administration helps both our child and our family know that we've chosen the right school. Thank you, Virginia Academy!"
Jon W. Lindberg, MBA, CAE, CEO
American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
Guiding Philosophy of Education
Virginia Academy views itself as an indispensable part of the three major forces in the life of each child: the home, the school and the church. Virginia Academy was founded and functions upon the basic fundamental principles of the Word of God, and it espouses the historic Christian view of life as presented in the Bible. The following are guiding statements of our philosophy of education.
- The purpose of education is to prepare students for life. We believe a person’s best life is found in acceptance of and obedience to Christ.
- God is the creator of all things. He is the source of all truth.
- God's Word is a necessity for correction and effective training and instruction in knowledge and wisdom.
- The ultimate responsibility for educating children rests with parents.
- The Christian school is a mission of the church and a valuable resource for parents in the equipping and education process.
- An effective Christian school consists of a genuinely Christian staff and curriculum and guiding principles deeply rooted in the truths of God’s Word.
- An effective curriculum is one that reveals the truth of God’s Word and world; focusing on developing students spiritually, emotionally, and physically as well as intellectually.
- Teachers have an awesome privilege and responsibility as educators and should consider carefully their power to influence a child's decision to engage with, receive and/or reject truth.
- All children can and do learn, but do so best when they are considered as individuals and are given an opportunity to explore their unique genius in an environment of love, high engagement, and order.
- The end goal of our educational efforts should be to launch intellectually sound and spiritually dynamic followers of Christ into the world.